Wheelerton Baptist Church, located in Dellrose, Tennessee was first established in 1944. By historical standards, Wheelerton Baptist is a recent addition to the membership of Giles County’s religious institutions. Following their first organizational meeting, 14 member families immediately set about making plans to build a church building to house Wheelerton Baptist’s congregation. A building site was donated by Mrs. Vera Soloman, who owned land in the community, and funds and furniture started coming in to the building committee in the amount of $415.68. The committee was able to locate a building belonging to a disbanded church and purchased it for $150. Church members, friends, family and other volunteers dismantled the structure, working to relocate the building to its new home. From some of the lumber, log benches were fashioned as seating for the church.